Friday, June 26, 2009

Buckets, Balls and Birthday Cake

These Recreation folks I work with sure know how to live the department name!

I shot my first bucket of balls of the season this Monday. What an awesome deal - $12 for a large bucket of balls plus an AMAZING burger (sorry, no pics, I was too hungry), at Inglewood Golf Club. They offer this every day 11-2 (till 4 on Fridays). I didn't know why I didn't do this more often!

I was stoked. I got a few great shots. Remembered to open up my club. Address the ball correctly. Swing hard. Keep my eye on the ball. A large bucket is a LOT of balls.
And then the next day, I remembered why I pause between trips to the course. I could barely move. My right arm was pretty stiff & sore...even picking up the phone was good exercise. Which is why I NEED to go more often.

Especially if I keep eating like this. Another month, another birthday in the group, and this time, we splurged on Amandine Bakery's Choco-Truffle cake. Happy birthday Dennis! And me, I'll be booking some more driving range time. And maybe a tee time to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment