Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Photo Challenge

So apparently there is a photo challenge going around, where you post a photo every day (or nearly so) and keep a sort of ongoing diary by doing so.

Sounds like a good concept - and simple. But I also know my ability to procrastinate and the fact that living my life often keeps me from actually documenting my life.

My sister Riel sez I have to help her with her photo challenge, and to keep her going, to do this with her. I'm already a month behind, but, with various travel and experiences behind me in the past month, I figure I should catch up before long...so here goes.

This is a snap of the angels at the top of the war memorial when I saw it a week ago, in Ottawa. It was a gorgeous day, with blue sky only, and bright sun, and it was the antithesis of depressing. I couldn't help but see the glint off the wingspan of the one angel guarding those soldiers - representatives of my sister, my brother, and many other souls braver than I am. I have seen this memorial so many times in print, and twice in person, and this image of the angels' wings just keeps it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment