Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I have been gifted a loom...

It's true. An amazing, unexpected gift. For the fibre-savvy, it's a Louet Hollandia Counter-Marche 4-harness floor loom, about 51" across.

For me, I'm beside myself with joy. Please don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up.

It is waiting patiently for me, at Make 1 Yarn Studio http://www.make1yarns.com/ where the shop's (and loom's) past owners, the very generous Amy & Sandra, have instructed the lovely Bess, its new owner, to arrange for me to take it to my loving home.

Let's check the moon cycle - is it a blue moon? I had thought from the universe like this only come along that often. Never mind the monetary value (which is huge), this is something much more significant. I've been getting a lot of "it's time to start weaving" messages over the past two years in my fibre journey; there is a small 24" table loom waiting for me in Millarville that came my direction for a song about 18 months ago, waiting for my lack of space, soon to be rectified.
Did I mention I'm beside myself? Or at least beside the loom? I had to go visit it today at lunch.

It even comes with a boxful of gorgeous yarns previously set up for a project. And a few other "necessary" pieces, as Bess tells me.
I've been renovating, with one of the purposes to allow me to have some "studio" space in the basement (lower level, we'll call it now), for my (ahem) three spinning weels, many pounds of fibre (yarns, roving and fleeces) and perhaps, in my wildest dreams, one day, a floor loom. (Or to eventually have the place up to snuff enough to sell, for a place that has studio space.) Looks like the universe is telling me to dream wild!
Now, I just need to figure out how the darned thing works. Guess I'd better get serious about those weaving lessons!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is way better than my back alley find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing ...can't wait to see your creations..lots of hugs
    angie

    ReplyDelete